June 26, 2011

Wipeout HD/Fury

Date played: June 25th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I needed my online competitive fix today so I booted up Wipeout again.  That reminds me, I should try Dirt 3's multiplayer...

Wipeout HD supports custom soundtracks (something Microsoft got right by building it into every game) so I made a playlist with the music from all mainline Wipeout games.  The only I'm missing is the N64 version I believe.  Hearing some new beats is always welcome.

One of the photos I took in a Zone Battle
I played a few single races in Venom class and I really only had one real competitor in that lobby, the others were always far behind.  We had some good heated races together but it was all on Vineta K.  Maybe I'm not "getting it" but why are single races always repeating the same track?  So I jumped into a Flash tournament and managed to get third place overall.  It was weird, in all four races, the first three were always in the same order.  I placed third in all four races of that tournament.