June 23, 2011

Resistance 2

Date played: June 23rd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I am done with Resistance 2.  Thankfully, the last level was pretty damn good.  The level design was interesting, the story was kind of cool and SPOILERS, Nathan Hale gets shot in the head by his squad mate Capelli, the real hero of this story.  He had a good reason though, Hale was becoming a Chimera.

There were lots of fights with big enemies, lots of space to fight in, lots of weapons and ammo, essentially, it fixed all I hated about the game so far.  I still had a few cheap deaths but it was nothing too frustrating.  The last boss was pretty cool but nothing to write home about.  During the very last section after killing Daedalus, Hale gains a sort of Jedi force push spell thing that kills everything in it's path in one fell swoop.  After the frustration, it really felt like a big release.  Thank you Insomniac for letting me obliterate some Chimera for a few minutes.  I'm glad I played this game but it's definitely not the best it could be.  I have no interest in it's multiplayer so I'll be shelving this game.  Now I'm ready for Resistance 3....maybe.
Resistance 3 has great art so far, let's hope the game is better than 2.