June 30, 2011

Dead Nation

Fucking awesome
Date played: June 29th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

While I like Dead Nation, it's one fucking bleak and depressing game.  As mentioned in the previous post, my friend wanted to see if this game was better than Wipeout for him for the Welcome Back PSN program.

It is not.

Just from the look and atmosphere, he knew he wasn't going to get this.  He's not a big fan of twin stick shooters in the first place and not a big fan of zombies.  We played the first mission together in co-op and it was kind of fun but nothing to write home about.  He was pretty good and upgraded his rifle to shoot faster and hit harder.  I knew the game already so I went for the fun but limited SMG upgrades.

While Dead Nation is a good game, it's a bit too dark for it's own good.  I wish it was less serious...