June 6, 2011

L.A. Noire

Date played: June 5th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 130 minutes
Session fun rating: 9\10

I solved the case about the U.S. Army morphine.  It was actually one of the longer cases I've played so far.  There was a lot of investigating for clues and a bit of action, not much interrogation.  It was really interesting how Cole handled the ending of that case too.  It seems like they are trying to tie Cole's past in the military with some parts of the main story.
White dude was supposed to lay down...

I also spent quite a bit of time simply driving to side missions.  The story is now set mostly in the northern parts of L.A. like Hollywood but some of the missions are really far away.  I drive most of the time but sometimes I'll let my partner drive.

The second case I played revolved around boxing.  There was a fight (the animation looked awkward...) where one of the fighters is supposed to take a dive but decides that he has pride and wins instead, upsetting a number of mobsters, police officers and anyone else that had their hands in the pot. There was a cool sequence where I had to tail a woman on foot without being seen, it was pretty long which I found interesting.  Overall, I really like this game.  It's not perfect but it has some really strong qualities.