June 26, 2011

Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Date played: June 26th
Platform: DS
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10
What he said

I met two of Emperor Wu's generals who didn't seem to want my party's help even after presenting the letter from their leader.  They sent me to the ruins of the enemy city to destroy "evil spirits".  While I was exploring, fighting and looting, I found an old tree and used a flute a dude from Passaj had given me which opened a secret passage to the real city, hidden underground.

I was greeted by the Prince of Ayuthay, Amiti.  He then introduced me to the Emperor of Ayuthay who was hanging out with his fanning bitches.  He told me I could find what I need to activate the passage in Passaj by exploring an underwater temple.  There was also some news of a woman not being a real adept/virgin, I didn't really pay much attention. I then did a few battles and stopped playing.

The story is convoluted but it's pleasant enough and the characters are mostly interesting so I'll stick with it.