June 30, 2011

Dirt 3

Date played: June 29th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 50 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

This is one of my favorite racing games ever.  It's up there with Wipeout HD, Blur, Forza 3 and previous racing games by Codemasters.  I played one Rally event in the snow that was mostly uneventful and one Trailblazer event with super fast cars.

My trusty Audi Quattro
I spent most of my time playing split screen with my friend.  We did Rallycross on multiple courses and he really struggled in the first few races because he was playing this like it was Gran Turismo.  The difference is that the cars are more twitchy and the brakes are MUCH stronger.  This means that he was over steering a lot and over braking.  He also was not used to using drifting as a viable technique so that took some adjustment.  Eventually, he was taking corners properly and we had a close battle.