June 4, 2011

L.A. Noire

Date played: June 3rd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 80 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I took a little break from the main story to play a DLC case.  I had two codes for the PSN store that I had not been able to use, one of them for a traffic case and the other a Vice case.

Woohoo free DLC!
The one I played was The Counsul's Car which is obviously traffic.  It was a cool case which included racism (Mexicans!), a shady car dealership, a mini-game about wrenches and a pregnant wife.  It was pretty short but it was well acted and fun just like the main game.  I then went back to the main story and wrapped up the Homicide desk and caught the bad guy.

It was a long and fairly boring treasure hunt that eventually led me to the guy.  The ending falls flat but I won't spoil why.  I then moved on to the Vice desk!  So far, two negroes (!) are dead from using US Army supplied morphine that was sold at a popcorn shack.  There are signs of a gambling ring and of powerful drug dealers.  Vice seems to focus on drugs so far.  My new partner is a dick but at least he lets me drive his nice convertible.