June 8, 2011

Blur

Date played: June 8th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Blur looks amazing
More split screen awesomeness!  I was visiting my friend and Blur is one of his favorite games so we played a few races against each other.  He's good but he mostly plays Motor Mash, a mode that is similar to Twisted Metal.  I beat him in all races except one, yay for me!  I have started using first person view in this game a bit more often.  While it's not the best for blocking attacks and judging distance for barge hits, it helps me be a much better racer.

I had a really fun run using the old beat up Beetle, it handles better than I expected.  We even did one hardcore race, where weapons are completely disabled.  This mode is kind of fun but it really shows that this game is meant to be played with weapons.  The tracks are sometimes really boring when you don't have a bunch of bolts and shunts flying around.