June 23, 2011

Resistance 2

Emperor Palpatine.... I mean, Nathan Hale looks like shit now.

Date played: June 22nd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

This wasn't as painful today.  It took me a few attempts to clear out the plantation house in Louisiana but after that it was almost smooth sailing.  I didn't finish the game though, it seems Chapter 7 is a bit bigger than the others.  I cleared out the plantation house, I killed a giant, two-legged, slimy, slug like creature who conveniently died in a spot that allowed me to progress (sigh...).  Then I remembered what the objective of the mission was, to find some sort of powerful fission bomb.

I fought some dudes, including three titans in the same fight, and finally found the bomb where I had to defend it against a large number of attacking aliens.  While this would not have been very difficult normally, but my stupid fucking squad mates made me die three times because they blocked my view of enemies (who kill me very quickly of course) or because they put their big fucking heads in front of my grenades which bounced back to kill me.

Either way, I made it through and then had a big ass shootout where dozens of Chimera stampeded towards us.  It was a cool fight.  Now I'm flying the bomb to Mexico and that's where I stopped playing.