June 14, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops

I recommended the AK-47
Date played: June 13th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

More split screen madness today!  After a few races of Wipeout HD, my friend and I were itching for something different so we popped in Black Ops.  My friend has always been interested but since he doesn't game that much, the controls are very intimidating.

We went online together and played a few matches of Team Deathmatch.  I was average at best because I was trying to teach my friend while playing.  It also didn't help that I didn't have proper surround.  Either way, he had a very difficult time at first but when he got his first kill at the end of the first match, he was hooked and wanted more.

He did much better the following games, including a record breaking 4-10 score.  Not bad for a guy who had played for 15 minutes.  I hope he enjoyed it and that he joins me eventually.