June 8, 2011

Wipeout HD/Fury

1080p 60FPS looks fantastic

Date played: June 7th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I fucking love this.  There are a lot of people online and I'm winning often!  I basically had mostly podiums, about five wins and two that I didn't make the podium.  Winning in this game feels amazing.  It really is a game of skill with the added madness of random weapons.

A lot of players don't realize that you don't have to hold down the throttle button at all times.  It sometimes helps to just let go of the gas for a second during a sharp turn.  This is where I gain most of my lead.  Slower is faster!  In one of the lobbies I played, there was one player that essentially became my rival.  We were always fighting for first place together while leaving the rest of the pack behind.  I'm still sticking to my Harimau ship so far and he seemed to change ships after every race.

I also want to mention that the music in Fury is great, it really pumps me up while racing.  Maybe that's why I'm winning a lot?!?  :-p