June 26, 2011

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Date played: June 25th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

After controlling Desmond to find four power generators near the villa, we were finally able to use the animus at our leisure.  It seems like the game is finally really starting.  I took control of Ezio and did a few quests.  One thing that's new is that when completing a memory, if you complete certain requirements, you'll get 100% synch.  For example, in a mission where I had to assassinate an executioner, I got 100% by using the hidden blade to kill him.  It's a nice touch.

I then played one big mission with Machiavelli who is helping me.  I bought some armor with his money (where did all of Ezio's money go???)  then killed a captain of the Borgia.  I then burned down a Borgia tower, something that seems like it will be a major part of the game.
Ezio de Auditore and Niccolo Machiavelli

I also discovered a hidden message on a building which prompted me to play a little mini game, just like in the last game.  I then unlocked one segment of "The Truth" video.  This is starting to feel a lot like Assassin's Creed 2 and that's not such a bad thing.