June 2, 2011

Ridge Racer 3D

You're SLIPSTREAMING!
Date played: June 1st
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 15 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played one Grand Prix during intermissions of the NHL finals game between Boston and Vancouver (Luuuuuuuuuuu).  As I've said before, Ridge Racer is like comfort gaming.  It's easy to get into and doesn't require a time commitment.

Some of the tracks in this GP were really cool.  There was a new one that has a huge downhill section where the cars are going very fast.  I'm going to unlock the next speed class soon I think, it will be interesting to see how that goes.  I know that as soon as the game starts getting too difficult that I can't win consistently, I will lose interest.  I don't want to replay the same race four times.

Right now, it's still pretty easy but it's a lot of fun to just drive the cars and drift like a mad man.  The only thing that truly bugs me is that there is no online play and that the stupid lady announcer won't shut up.  If she tells me I'm slipstreaming one more time, I'm going to slipstream my boot in her face.