January 14, 2015

Yoshi's Island

Yoshi takes drugs. Fuzzy drugs.
Date played: January 13th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

Sitting in bed and having recently completed Minish Cap, I started browsing my games on 3DS for something new to play. I decided to play a little bit of Yoshi's Island, the classic SNES platformer. I had played it once during the summer of 2013, but haven't touched it since.

I played 4 levels, completing the first world. The highlight was the hilarious "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" level. Filled with round, fuzzy, floating creatures, this simple level gets more challenging when I touch one of these monsters. Basically, Yoshi loses his shit and gets high on Fuzzy, distorting the screen with a cool effect and making him difficult to control. It's a clever level that still makes me laugh.