January 8, 2015

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U

Pac-Man is a great fit for Smash
Date played: January 7th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played a few quick matches because my daughter wanted to show my girlfriend her Zelda figurine in action. The Amiibo is actually really strong now and I just can't seem to beat it. I can always take it out once or twice, but she beats me every time.

I've tried out a few other characters including Link, Toon Link, Marth, Olimar and Pac-Man. Olimar is really fun to use because he throws pikmin at enemies, then plucks some new ones out of the ground. Pac-Man is cool too, but his moves will take some practice. I feel like I need to use something like a practice mode or something to really find a character I'm comfortable with.

My girlfriend played a little bit too, using Mario. She didn't seem to really enjoy the game too much, but she liked the levels and characters.