January 6, 2015

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

Date played: January 6th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 7/10

Well shit, Duke Nukem 3D is free on Vita this month!

I have to admit, the original PC game was fucking glorious when it first came out in 1996. It's the only thing the nerdy kids at school were talking about, myself included. I mean come on, awesome guns, jetpacks, pipe bombs, working mirrors, space pigs and interactive strippers? What's there not to like?
Hail to the king baby!
Weirdly enough, the game still holds up today. It's fun, it's fast and honestly, it's just satisfying. This Vita version is not too shabby either, featuring great controls with both analog sticks and an amazing checkpoint system. It's a great game to have on the little system. I thought I was gonna kill a couple of pigs and call it a night, but the action kept me going for 3 full levels!