January 8, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Date played: January 7th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played through the Palace of Winds, the dungeon that held the wind element. To get there, I had to complete a few more golden kinstone fusions by exploring the area in the clouds, then using a giant whirlwind to throw me higher in the sky!

The temple itself was awesome! It was quite long and featured a very cool new mechanic thanks to the Roc's cape. This wonderful item allows Link to jump and travel about 4 or 5 spaces in the air! The dungeon was built so that the cape became a crucial tool in navigating it's perils. This was definitely one of the best dungeons in the game and was remarkably lengthy too.

The boss was an epic battle against two flying creatures that have a bunch of eyes and look a bit like manta rays. I had to use the cloning ability to stab one in the eyes, then jump onto the second one and stab it's eyes too. It required a lot of precise jumping and fast movement, but I got it done and retrieved the last of the 4 elements.
This was a fun boss fight!

Back in Hyrule Town, it seems monsters have invaded the castle, though I haven't been there yet. The residents are hiding in their houses mostly. I spent some time exploring the world again to find new kinstone fusions and grab heart pieces that are available because of the cape. In the process, I also found the remaining two bottles and filled them with potions and other good stuff.