January 25, 2015

Sunset Overdrive

Date played: January 24th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a bit of Sunset Overdrive but didn't get as much time to play as I had hoped. I still managed to complete one challenge and a main mission. The main mission is really where I spent most of my time and had the most fun.

Excalamune, the nuclear sword!
In order to gain the favor of the Las Catrinas Mexican cheerleader gang, the hero somehow decided that the way to do that was to get them a sword. After fighting some Fizzco bots on top of a building in the hopes of stealing a fine sword from a rich dude's house, I discovered that there was no sword to steal, so I decided to forge one.

Now, I wasn't gonna forge any damn sword. Sunset Overdrive being constantly insane, I had to forge a motherfucking NUCLEAR sword! I grabbed some metal and headed to the nuclear plant. I fought tons of OD, then destroyed some equipment there for some reason. I then climbed my way to the top of the nuclear reactor, fought flying OD and jumped down into the nuclear core, smashing my trusty foam sword in it's plutonium fueled heart!

Surprisingly, this worked. I now had a flaming nuclear sword, which I had to now dowse with water from the nearby water treatment plant. After killing two dozen scabs here, I doused the sword and headed back to Las Catrinas with my offering.

Of course, this wouldn't be Sunset Overdrive without some crazy shit to finish off the mission. The nuclear sword now had both fire and electricity shooting out of it. On top of that, it healed me with every kill. I lured some Fizzco bots for some fun, destroying over 90 of them with melee attacks. The event culminated in a battle against another large tank bot, but with my insane nuclear sword, this was easy as pie.