January 30, 2015

Front Mission 3

Date played: January 29th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 5/10

I love strategy games and I love giant robots, so naturally, the Front Mission series has always interested me, but I never really took the time to play it. When I saw Front Mission 3 on sale for 3$, I decided that now was the best time to try it out. The PS1 classic seemed like a great game to play on the Vita.

I only had time to play the tutorial mission, but it was enough to get a feel for the combat and I like it so far. Each robot has different parts, each of which can be damaged individually. For example, taking out an arm will prevent a wanzer (those are the robots) from using it's weapon. It's a cool system and I can't wait to see more of it. Outside of that, the game feels and handles like many other turn based strategy games, so I just need to get further than the tutorial to really start having some fun.