January 25, 2015

PS Vita: "Fuck this small ass memory card" Edition

Date played: January 25th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 5/10

I decided to clean up my Vita's memory card again because, well, at 16 GB, it isn't keeping up with the awesome free games from PS Plus. I deleted some games I didn't think I would play again and ended up playing a few minutes of a few games to try them out and see if they should stay on there or not.
This comic says it all
I played Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, a match 3 game. I got bored real quick and deleted it. I played a few minutes of Whoa Dave! and again, was bored as fuck real quick. It's a recent game that looks like it was born on the Amiga or Commodore 64. There's a dude, then some eggs, then some skulls. I can destroy eggs with skulls, and eggs spawn monsters. It sucks and it's deleted.

I played a few minutes of Plants VS Zombies and honestly, I keep trying to like this game, but it's just not going to happen. I don't like tower defense type games at all. I mean, I've tried many, hoping to enjoy one, but I always end up hating them, even critically acclaimed games like Pixeljunk Monsters... I finally deleted PvZ.

As I was cleaning up my folders and stuff, I somehow ended up on the Playstation Store for a few minutes and discovered that I could download a version of Resogun for free!!! I jumped on the occasion and tried it out for a few minutes. Boy, even on the small screen and at 30 frames per second, Resogun is still fucking great. This will be a good time killer when I'm on the go.