January 10, 2015

Sunset Overdrive

Date played: January 9th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I had a great time playing Sunset Overdrive! I played the final mission in the comic book side story with a big scavenger hunt for 10 more comics. The best part was the dialogue throughout the mission, as the comic book guy's completely stereotypical personality is shown and exploited for comedy. I then played a few challenges, but nothing too interesting there. I bought a new weapon that I like a lot, the hover turret. It's a deployed mini-helicopter that hovers over enemies and shoots at them with a pistol. Combined with the acid sprinkler and my other weapons, it creates a powerful, fun and frantic combat area, which I used to fight an invasion of enemies in the night defense mode.
Wooooohoo!
I also fought my first real boss, the giant Fizzie blimp. The mission starts with a mission to destroy communication devices used by Fizzco, but soon enough, the large and fully armed blimp shows up to crash the party. Using a combination of grinds and bounces on a structure built from metal pipes or something, I had to deactivate the blimp's weapons, then shoot at it's weak spots. It was simple, but very exciting and fun!