January 30, 2015

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake

Date played: January 29th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 6/10

Piece of Cake is a free to play game ported from mobile to Vita. It's a match-3 game where little soldiers battle enemies and bring the titular Fat Princess to her throne. Each gem type is tied to a soldier. For example, matching 3 guns launches a volley, ranged attack and matching 3 swords makes the little dude stab other little dudes. I can gather cake that can be used to summon Fat Princess who then stomps down on enemies. There are also gems that can be used to upgrade my soldiers.

Fat Princess attacks enemies with her large ass
It feels a lot like Puzzle Quest, the awesome match-3 RPG game, and that's a good thing. The only real problem is that, being free to play, the game has an energy system. This means I can't play for as long as I want, I must wait for a timer to replenish. To remove the energy system, it costs about 20$, which seems a bit steep for this type of game. I would have maybe paid 5$?