January 27, 2015

Halo 2 Anniversary

Date played: January 26th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I was planning on starting Halo 3, having recently completed Halo 2, but when I logged on, my brother invited me to a party. I only see him about twice a year, so I was happy to get a chance to chat with him. This was the first time I used the party and voice chat on the Xbox One and I was pretty happy with it. I used the headset that came in the box and the voice quality was clear, although volume was a bit low.

Anyway, he wanted to just join me where I was, which was the start of Halo 3. We ended up fiddling with the party and menus for 20 minutes before giving up. We simply were not able to start a multiplayer session for Halo 3. We definitely had some great conversations about Halo's inadequacies along the way...

My bro gets stepped on and killed by the Scarab
We settled for Halo 2 and played two missions on Heroic difficulty, Metropolis and The Arbiter. Metropolis is a great mission to play in co-op because of the vehicles and the final section where we assault the Scarab directly. The best part was when I drove the Warthog and my brother was the gunner on it. We also had fun with the sword on the level with Arbiter. The flying section with Banshees was really cool with a second player. At the end, we were amused at the achievements we unlocked, including one that was called Standard Operating Brocedure... That was oddly appropriate considering he's my actual brother.