January 10, 2015

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U

Ok? I guess?
Date played: January 9th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

I played some 3 player Smash with my girlfriend and one of my brothers. We tried out Smash Tour which is kind of a board game...sorta. It was very confusing to us. The instructions were very vague, there was a LOT of stuff happening on screen and it was just chaotic. There are items to pick up on the board as well as fighters, which will be used in the final battle. The items boost fighter stats and provide bonuses I think, but it was unclear. When too characters meet on the board, there is a fight or challenge of some kind to decide a winner. Winner of what? I don't know.

Anyway, the final fight was pretty cool and I managed to win. My brother got the hang of the game pretty quickly and was able to win a few rounds rather easily. My girlfriend still doesn't really understand. I think the controls are just a bit too much for her. We had fun, but it would have been a lot better if the Smash Tour mode was explained better.