January 10, 2015

Luftrausers

Date played: January 9th and 10th
Platform: PS3/Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

Luftrausers is the best "5 minute" game of 2014. The awesome physics, the great art and the fun combat are enough to keep my attention. However, what keeps me coming back is the fucking bangin' soundtrack. I mean, just listen to this awesome shit! LISTEN!

You killed me? I nuke your ass, motherfucker!
I played a bit of the PS3 version with my bro, taking turns. The next day, as I was waiting for my daughter's dance class to be over, I played a solid 45 minutes of this 2D air combat game in the lobby... I unlocked a sort of useless, but really fun plane body, the Nuke. This guy sets off a giant nuclear explosion, complete with skull-shaped mushroom cloud, upon death. While it's a loser's weapon, it did help complete some challenges, such as blowing up a submarine. Luftrausers fucking rocks.