September 5, 2011

Wipeout HD/Fury

Date played: September 4th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I wanted to play some Infamous 2 but I was too fucking lazy to get up and put the disc in so I booted Wipeout HD instead.  I played online and did pretty good, making podium finishes left and right.

There was one lobby that changed modes to Eliminator and I didn't notice right away.  I start racing and there are a few things that don't make sense.  I think I'm in second place but the HUD shows I'm last.  I try to absorb an item, I get a short shield.  I finish a lap, I regain energy.  I then remembered this mode where the objective is to inflict as much damage as possible to other racers.  I did very badly and placed third to last.

With no guard rails, Sol 2 is fucked up in Eliminator mode
Oh yeah and that Deadmau5 album still works wonders in combination with Wipeout.