September 12, 2011

Dirt 3

Date played: September 10th and 11th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed the third season by winning the Winter X Games, including this perfect little run in a Ford Fiesta!  I played a lot of Dirt this weekend and completed a variety of events.  I did some head 2 head, buggy racing, regular ass rally, extremely fast trailblazers, some Gymkhana sprint and even raced a bobsleigh!

The game is starting to ramp up the difficulty quite a bit.  I spent at least half an hour on one trailblazer event which had three segments.  I think I might have chosen a car that doesn't suit me but so far, the fourth season is definitely tougher.  One of the reasons is that the races are longer and events have more races.  I'm almost done with the first "triangle" of the fourth season.
I raced against a bobsleigh.  In a Mini.  Badass.

I also played online a bit but I'm not a huge fan of this game's online play as players play pretty dirty, crashing into each other and just being dicks.  I didn't even come close to a podium in my three ranked races.  Maybe I should try the unranked lobbies, people might be nicer.