September 28, 2011

Gears of War 3

Date played: September 27th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 70 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Amazing.

That is the only word I can use to describe what I played of Gears of War 3 last night.  We commandeered a giant blimp creature and fought off a few Reavers and such with the on board turrets.  We stumbled onto an old friend of Marcus, Dizzy, who was fighting some Locust while gathering ammo near Anvil's Gate.  We saved him from attacking Reavers and foot soldiers.  The One Shot came in really handy against the Reavers as did the Hammer of Dawn.  The Hammer of Dawn is still as great as ever.

Back on our way to Anvil's Gate we got shot down by the fucking Queen again.  We were stuck defending Anvil's Gate.  This was one of the most amazing moments in a video game!  We had to shoot down as many Locust as we could before being overrun.  It was just so fucking cool, the COG's really had their backs to the wall.

Then we went out to rescue Anya and....someone else, I forget who.  We got attacked by Lambent, including a Berserker.  It was a pretty tough fight, I had to shoot it's glowing chest but she charges around the area like a crazy bitch so I got killed a couple times. Did I mention I'm playing on hardcore difficulty?
A Berserker is bad enough but a Lambent Berserker is even worse!

After all that, I'm not quite sure why but we took a tanker and started heading to Dom's wife's hometown.  I think we're going to get fuel for some reason.  Cue another vehicle sequence full of turret shooting.  That's where I stopped playing for now.