September 18, 2011

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Date played: September 16th and 17th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

So I went on my first real mission, I had to investigate a lead I found from the neural hub I looted from a corpse in the police station's morgue.  It turns out that the building I was sent to was FEMA, some sort of organization that has something against Sarif Industries.  It's all really unclear what the hell is going on but I don't care, the game is fun even if I don't really know why I'm doing what I do.
Barrett, the first boss, sports a nice minigun arm.

I spent a lot of time going through the facility which is a boring looking office/research building.  There are so many ways to do the same thing in this game it's a bit overwhelming.  I am relying mostly on my upgraded pistol which is silenced so that I can get some silent head shots.  When shit hits the fan, I go with the combat rifle and the shotgun.

I hacked some computers, I hacked a turret (a new skill) and I destroyed a giant mech with an EMP grenade.  Then there was a boss fight.  I had heard people bitch about the boss fights but it wasn't so bad.    I just stunned the guy with EMP grenades twice, shot him with the combat rifle a bunch, threw him a grenade and even got him disoriented by shooting a nearby gas canister and a fire extinguisher.

After I beat him, he said something about Shanghai and I left to go back to Sarif Industries.  I imagine I'll be heading to China soon, we shall see.