September 19, 2011

God of War Ghost of Sparta demo

Date played: September 18th
Platform: PSP
Time played: 10 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

Here's a funny story, I was cleaning things in the bedroom and I found my PSP 1000 in a drawer!  I don't play that thing much anymore.  In fact, I don't think I've played it this year.  I don't dislike the games on PSP but I have a few issues with the machine itself.  The battery sucks (although it seems that 3DS and Vita aren't any better), it's heavy, the load times are long, Memory Stick Duo's are too expensive and my hands get cramped when I play it for too long.

Everybody LOVES tentacle monsters!  Right?
I found a demo for the second God of War game on PSP that was sitting on my Memory Stick that I hadn't played so I fired it up.  I love God of War and I really enjoyed Chains of Olympus when I played it a few years ago.  This one looks a lot better and plays about the same.  The demo is a fight against a giant tentacle creature and some regular ass God of War fighting.  The normal fighting is exactly what you would expect.  The boss fight was more interesting as I had to fight off it's tentacles before attacking.  Then I killed it off with a nice quick time event.  Oh yes another thing that was cool is a new weapon, a spear and shield.  It's actually really fun to use and I wish it had been in God of War 3.