September 27, 2011

EVE Online

Date played: September 26th
Platform: PC
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

Well, I've suffered my first ship destruction.  My trusty Atron got blown to bits when I was investigating some sort of facility.  It blew up in my face and I got attacked by powerful pirates before I had time to realize what was going on and warp out.  I warped back home in shame, riding my pod like a defeated boxer or something.  Thankfully, my ship was well insured and I got a good chunk of money back but I didn't spend it on a ship just yet.

I used the rookie Velator ship, bought some new guns and ammo and went out to complete the other missions in the shitty free ship which worked out pretty well in the end.  I eventually did the last mission of the military tutorial where I had to find Wolf, the elusive pirate.  He was stationed in a stasis tower that slowed me down to a crawl and had two small ships and one bigger ship protecting him.

When I warped in, I took out one of the smaller ships but had to retreat to repair.  Once repaired, I warped back in, took out the second small ship and attacked the tower while ignoring the third ship.  I effectively shield tanked the last guy where he was damaging me but I was able to keep my shield up by using a civilian shield generator until the tower was destroyed.  Then I took out the third ship and lastly, I destroyed Wolf's pod.

It was worth the effort to say the least.  I got some good money and best of all, a new ship, the Gallente Tristan.  It seems like it is the best of the Gallente frigates for a fighter like me.  It's faster, bigger and stronger than the Atron.  Now that I'm done with the military tutorial, I am not quite sure which tutorial I should do next.
The Tristan, my newest ship