September 21, 2011

NHL 12

Winter classic rocks!
Date played: September 20th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I went to visit one of my brothers yesterday to watch the Habs first pre-season game on TV with some friends.  During intermission, we played some NHL 12 together but ran into a few little technical problems.  The first game we started playing, when we paused to go back to the TV game, my brother accidentally turned off the PS3 instead of his controller so we lost those two periods of play.  Then the next game we started, the PS3 froze on a face off in the second period.... talk about bad luck.  We finally managed to play a full game after that.

This was the first time I played a 5 player game on PS3.  Everyone had brought their own controllers so we decided to do a 3 vs 2 match.  Ottawa VS Montreal in the Winter Classic, fucking amazing.  It turns out that playing on a three person team is really tough.  Our defence men were out of position all the time, we had more offsides than usual and more penalties.  In the end though, it was the most fun I've ever had playing NHL.  Unfortunately, we lost 8-2 but we still had a great time.  I scored one goal and had an assist on the other goal.  I hope to do this again sometime, there's nothing like playing a game like this with friends in the same room, online play just isn't the same.