September 9, 2011

Pilotwings Resort

Date played: September 8th
The plane is really fun to pilot
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I was on a very boring phone call for a little while so I busted out my 3DS and won three stars in two missions.  The first had me extinguish half a dozen little camp fires by shooting water from my plane at them then land on the water.  It was pretty easy to complete but as usual, getting three stars is much more difficult.  In this case, I had to improve my time.  The reason I was slow was because I was shooting too much water and had to go pick up more from the river.  After a few tries, I was more accurate when shooting the water gun thing.

The next mission was more difficult.  It was a simple jetpack course that I just had to navigate quickly while gathering as many points as possible.  It took me a good six or seven attempts before I got three stars.  The course was narrow, the point  balloons were hard to reach and the time limit was rough.  I eventually got three stars by going quickly.