September 26, 2011

NHL 12

Date played: September 24th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 80 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

The NHL pre-season is in full swing right now and on Saturday, there was a televised game between the Ottawa Senators (GO SENS GO!) and the Montreal Canadiens (BOOOOO!) so I went over to my brother's place to watch it with him, another of my brothers and three friends.  That meant 6 people that know how to play NHL 12 and we had 6 controllers.  That meant my first 3 vs 3 game in an NHL game and it was amazing!

The PS3 makes it easy to plug in 6 controllers
We played at least 6 matches while changing up our team mates and NHL teams.  It kind of looked like a 4-6 year old girls soccer game where everyone is going for the puck and people are out of position all the time.  Lots of offsides, lots of fighting, lots of penalties and ultimately, lots of fun.  Most games were pretty close as we tried to keep the skill level even between the teams.  I scored a few goals but I ended up being a key defense player and I had many assists.  I can set up good plays and play good defense but I still have trouble scoring goals.

I really hope we get to do this again.  Six drunk guys, six controllers, a PS3 and NHL 12 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had.