September 6, 2011

Infamous 2

Date played: September 5th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I've finished Infamous 2!  I only had two missions left, the first was very simple, Cole simply activated the last Blast Core and got a new power, a giant lightning bolt that rains down from the sky.  The power is awesome but unfortunately, I only got to use it on the final boss...

Speaking of which, there was a weird decision I had to take which I won't spoil for you.  What it meant for me was that I was to fight the beast.... and Kuo!  The final fight was pretty cool, they had me jumping across a bunch of boats to run from the beast until I got to a nice spot downtown to duel him.  It was actually a pretty easy fight, I just had to keep shooting his face with lightning while keeping Kuo out of my way.  The beast had a cool attack that sucks people and objects in around his fist.  The effect on Cole is that he is sort of flying for a short period.  Then after I dealt him enough damage, I finished him with the new super power.
Infamous 2 was awesome

The ending itself was a bit underwhelming but let's just say that Cole did his service to humanity, saved the world and sacrificed a lot to do it.  Based on this ending, I have a hard time seeing a sequel but in the world of super heroes, anything is possible.  I truly enjoyed playing Infamous 2 and found it was better than the first game in many ways.