September 1, 2011

Infamous 2

Date played: August 31st
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 180 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Oh boy, I am almost done with this game, I must have only two or three missions left.  I played a shit ton today.  I actually spent a lot of time fighting this new type of monster, the Titans.  These are massive ice guys that throw boulders and shoot ice laser beams that take a fucking insane amount of damage before they die.  Not only that, THEY REGENERATE HEALTH.  The first battle was the toughest because I was learning how to fight them.  The best way I found was to either spam cluster grenades or to use redirect rockets until the dude falls to his knees.  Then it's easy, just get close, mash square and finish him off with grenades.
Titans are fun to fight

After that I fought a bunch more of these guys in side missions.  Speaking of which, I completed all the side missions and took over the entire city.  I have also collected every blast shard, all 305 of them.  Thankfully, Sucker Punch was nice enough to give us a power that finds your missing blast shards after completing 60 side quests.  All I'm missing now is three dead drops but I don't think I'll bother unless I run into them by chance.

I also fought and killed Bertrand.  He took his giant maggot form then chased Cole, Kuo and Nix around until we shot him down for good.  That was a really cool fight.  Cole also learned a new tether power which seems a bit useless, I prefer to use the Ice Launch to move quickly.  I almost forgot, there was also a cool mission where there is a thunderstorm and Cole can gather electricity energy by pulling it from the storm directly.  It looked fucking awesome!