September 29, 2011

EVE Online

Date played: September 28th
Platform: PC
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I started off by setting up two custom fittings for my Tristan, one for mining and one for fighting.  It's pretty useful, instead of dragging everything from the items window to the fitting window, I just click a button!  I also started training skills based on the core certificates.  These seem to be the basics that every corp looks for in a pilot so I thought it would be a good idea.  I bought a lot of skills like targeting, long range targeting, electronics upgrades and a bunch more.

Well what do you know, Plagiocase is a real mineral
Then I played one mining mission.  It asked that I manufacture some items using Pyerite and Mexallon, both of which are refined ores.  The problem is, I didn't know what ore would refine into Pyerite and Mexallon and I didn't know where to find it.  I looked it up online and my best bet seemed to be mining Plagiocase which I found out is found in Gallente 0.9 space.

What the fuck?

That seems like a lot of work for one mission but then again, it's a great learning experience.  I headed out to the three asteroid belts present in the Couster system but all I found was Scordite and Veldspar, neither of which would yield Mexallon.  I then decided on a whim to head out to the closest system one jump away.  I headed to a random asteroid belt (there were more than a dozen of them in this system) and found some Plagiocase right away which I mined then refined to manufacture the items I needed and complete the quest.

I spoke to my buddy about my experience and his answer was "Oh I just bought it off the market.".  He saved time while I made money and learned a few things.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.