September 28, 2011

EVE Online

Actual Simulations, my pilot
Date played: September 27th
Platform: PC
Time played: 80 minutes
Session fun rating: 5/10

I started the mining tutorials and.... it's not for me.  I learned how to fit a mining laser, how to find an asteroid belt and how to mine ore.  It's pretty simple but it's also quite boring.  Once the cargo hold is full of ore, I had to head back to the station to reprocess the ore into minerals.  Then from that, I had to learn how to manufacture an afterburner from the minerals.  It's really useful and it seems like everything in EVE is built by players but it's just not my cup of tea.

My friend is a miner/industrialist so he will manufacture a lot of stuff I'm sure.  The last mission I did was a simple courier mission where I had to deliver goods to another station three jumps away.  That was oddly relaxing and fun for me.  I might like doing delivery work when I'm bored later on, we'll see.