September 14, 2011

Mario Kart Wii

Date played: September 13th
He's so cute and bony
Platform: Wii
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

I don't like playing Mario Kart by myself.  However, I want to unlock some karts, bikes, modes and characters so I have to play some single player Grand Prix.  I completed the 100cc cup which is bikes only.  I thought the bikes controlled a lot differently than karts at first but then I realized, there are two drift types for bikes.  One is an "innie" and the other is an "outie".  Innie means the bike drifts INTO the corner and outie means it drifts out of the corner.  I was used to the outie method since that's what karts use.

I've found that I like the default bike a lot and if I need more speed, I go with the second one which is fast but innie.  I've managed to unlock two bikes, Mii's as characters and Dry Bones, the skeleton koopa guy.  I also played two or three online races, second place being my best performance.