September 12, 2011

Battlefield 1943

Date played: September 11th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

Seeing as my Call of Duty Black Ops disc is scratched beyond repair, I've been trying to fill the multiplayer void in my gaming life by playing other games like Wipeout HD, Blur, Mario Kart Wii and even Killzone 3 and nothing has been able to live up to the rush of getting a headshot with an M60 from 300 meters away.  I was hoping Battlefield 1943 could help so I booted it up late last night.
Two tanks = RAMPAGE

I like this game but I felt like it was a bit empty.  The maps are large and there aren't really enough players in a match to fill it up.  That means that a lot of time is spent travelling or capturing flags that are undefended.  I had a good time though, I captured a lot of flags and teamed up with a few guys to have strong assaults on enemy positions.  For instance, me and another dude took a jeep together, rode to the enemy base and stole their two tanks.  We then made our way to enemy flags, tearing shit up as a two-tank army.  It was really cool.

It's too bad this game only has three maps, if it had more, it might hold my attention until Battlefield 3 comes out but that's not gonna happen.