September 29, 2011

Bastion

Date played: September 28th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through about three areas of Bastion.  I found a shrine of sorts that gave me the ability to make the enemies more difficult but also increase XP and loot by 10%.  Since I haven't really struggled with combat yet, I figured I might as well enable that.
Bastion is pretty

I also found my first survivor, a young rich boy with fancy clothes.  The Stranger also introduced himself but I already forgot his real name, he's still the Stranger to me.  This game has fairly basic mechanics but it's all elevated to a higher level because of the beautiful art, the suave narrator and the amazing music.  It also seems kind of long for a game like that... I hope I stick with it but there are a lot of other good games to play.