September 19, 2011

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Date played: September 18th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Shanghai, meet Adam Jensen.  I was sent to Shanghai to investigate the lead I was given by Barrett, the mercenary I killed in the FEMA facility.  As soon as I got there, I was overwhelmed!  There is so much to explore, so many people to talk to, so many things to find.  I spent my time exploring a nearby strip club/brothel, looting items, stealing shit from rooms, I even killed a guy who spotted me stealing his pass card.
Shanghai is built on two levels, it looks fucking amazing.

I also bought a bunch of upgrades for my weapons.  My combat rifle is now equipped with a laser sight, silencer, faster reload times and more damage.  I can't wait to shoot some fools to see how well it performs.

I found a side quest.  It seems that most prostitutes are now being augmented to enhance their sexual abilities.  Those that refuse are met with angry bosses and fewer clients.  I walked into an argument between a whore and her pimp.  He wanted her to get augments, she didn't want to.  When he left, she asked me to help her find her whore-friend who she suspects is being forced to get augments.

These are the kinds of questions that make me think of the bigger picture.  These philosophical questions are interesting and don't really come up in other games much.  I hope I get to influence what happens to the lost hooker, it will be an interesting choice that's for sure.