September 14, 2011

Marvel Pinball demo

The Spidey table was my favorite
Date played: September 13th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 10 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I love pinball.  I kind of like video pinball but I never really played a recent pinball game.  Marvel Pinball is pretty awesome, at least the 10 minutes of it I played was awesome.  There are two tables in the demo, Wolverine and Spider-Man.  I preferred the Spider-Man one but both were cool and fun to play.

The key is ball physics of course.  These guys know how to program a video pinball game.  The ball feels right and it's easy to predict where your ball will go based on how the flippers hit it.  The graphics are really nice too.  I don't know if I would pay money for a pinball video game but if I did, this would be my first choice.