September 18, 2011

FIFA 12 & PES 2012 demos

Date played: September 18th
Nobody wins, I hate both games!
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 2/10

I hate football games.  I never really got into them, the exception being Gamecube's FIFA 2002 which I got as a gift.  FIFA has good graphics, animation, music and is generally well presented.  The game is easy to play and I even managed to score a goal, winning the game 1-0!  Usually when I play football games I get obliterated but this was a nice change of pace.  Too bad football doesn't interest me or I might have enjoyed myself.

PES 2012 is a different beast.  It's drab, technical and quite boring.  The graphics are boring and colorless, the framerate is unstable, the controls are weird and the AI is way too tough.  If I had been a football fan, I might have appreciated the subtle nuances between the two games.  Good thing I'm a hockey fan!