September 26, 2011

Mario Kart Wii

Date played: September 23rd and 24th
Vanilla Ice?  He's still cool right?
Platform: Wii
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 4/10

I did some time trials to unlock some characters and vehicles.  I seem to do better in time trials with small characters like Toad.  On some tracks, like the one that is in the ocean, I had to use a vehicle that was better off road because I was struggling with the normal karts.

It's interesting to have to choose the right car and character for a track, it's something that wasn't really present in the other Mario Kart games.  I managed to unlock Funky Kong, a weirdo from Donkey Kong Country.  He really seems out of place here.... the other characters are all pretty well known and current but Funky just feels like the uncle who used to be cool but is now a remnant of a bygone era.