April 30, 2011

Split/Second

Date played: April 30th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 145 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

After playing some Ridge Racer 3D, I got the urge to pop in Split/Second.  I played through about five events, including a crazy race that had me avoiding explosive barrels that were being dropped by a giant 18 wheeler truck.
Yep, shit blows up in this game.

I also unlocked two new tracks for quick play.  This is great news because the last time I played this in split screen, we ran out of tracks to play very quickly and had to replay previous tracks.  I also got stumped on a time trial event using a little pickup truck.  It took precise driving, no braking and about fifteen attempts before I got it.

The problem with this event is that the truck has low acceleration so hitting a wall pretty much means I won't get first place.  I then played some more events and got stuck on another time trial later on.  Clearly, these time trials are the toughest events to get first place in.  They do help to learn the tracks and power plays.  I love this game, I just wish there was people to play it online with (and that PSN was working for that matter).