April 25, 2011

Krazy Kart Racing

Date played: April 25th
Platform: Android - Samsung Galaxy S
Time played: 10 minutes
Session fun rating: 3/10

This game is pretty damn good for a mobile phone game but it's pretty bad compared to games like Mario Kart and Modnation Racers.  The reason I even played this is because I was trying to distract my crying 11 month old daughter.  :-)
The graphics are pretty good and the game runs at 60 FPS.  Impressive.

So I played through a simple four race championship and won even when I placed 3rd and 4th in two of the races.  This game features Konami characters so I naturally gravitated towards Goemon, a blue haired kid that holds a precious piece of my childhood.  I don't know if different characters have different stats but I don't think it would matter anyway as the gameplay is very shallow.

This is a typical cell phone racing game that controls by tilting.  There is a button for brakes on screen (I never used it) and a button to use items.  This is basically shitty Mario Kart.  It's a great distraction for a mobile game though.