April 9, 2011

Marvel VS Capcom 3

Date played: April 8th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Since I had another human player in my home last night, I thought I would give this game a second chance.  When I first played it, I was overwhelmed by the systems, I hated playing against AI and I got slaughtered online.

Against someone with similar skill though, it was really fun and it surprised me!  I think I found a team that I like too and it wasn't even characters I even wanted to play as.  It was the result of choosing random characters that I stumbled upon.  In the end, I have two characters I am certain about and one that I'm still thinking about.

The first is Tron from Capcom's Tron Bonne.  I don't even know this character but she is a little girl inn a giant green robot exoskeleton.  She is strong and has really cool attacks with rockets, lasers and machine guns.

The second is Zero, from Megaman.  He is fast, agile and easy to use so far. He also looks really cool!
Zero rocks your balls off.

The third is a toss up.  I played with Morrigan a bit as well as Storm and Ryu.  I think I like Storm best but I Ryu is easy to use for me.  Morrigan is also interesting but I'm not really sure how to use her yet, I was mostly spamming her fireball equivalent.

My brother used many characters but always seemed to come back to Dante from Devil May Cry and Chris from Resident Evil.  His last character was always different.  He won most of the matches but I was really starting to understand the basics now.  I managed to do a few air combos and such.  I'm not sure if I will play more yet but I feel like I understand the game now at least.