April 24, 2011

Portal 2

Date played: April 24th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10
I FOUND IT!

I played more of the single player game and I think I am somewhere in chapter 7.  I solved more cool puzzles and discovered a little bit more about Aperture and Glados.

There is one thing that happened that I thought was just amazing.  The last time I played, I was stuck at a puzzle that I messed around with for about 10-15 minutes without solving it.  I stopped playing and when I restarted the puzzle today, I solved it in about 20 seconds.

I think it's great that a game can throw me off like that for a pretty long period and then after a mental break, I find that the solution was just sitting in my face the whole time.  It creates an "Eureka!" moment and is immensely satisfying.

So far, this is the best game I've played this year.