April 30, 2011

Halo Reach

Date played: April 29th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I had an itch for some competitive online shooting and unfortunately, PSN is still down after a full week so I couldn't play Black Ops or possibly try Crysis 2's multiplayer so I went back to my 360.  It's been a long time since I even turned it on. In fact, I think the last time was January 29th when I played a bit of Scott Pilgrim.

Part of a healthy breakfast online match
I played two matches of Big Team Battle.  The first was capture the flag on Spire.  I was rusty as hell.  I forgot some of the controls (I zoomed in on a guy instead of punching him in the face) and it took me a bit to get back into it.  The second match was Team Deathmatch on Paradiso.  I did better on this map but I think the other team was very bad so that helped.  I had some good fights mostly while using the DMR.  That thing is one of the most fun default weapons in first person shooter history.  It's accurate, easy to use and balanced.

Until PSN is back up, I guess I might spend more time on my 360.... Oh yeah and I dug out my trusty Tritton AX720's to listen to the racist and homophobic children of Xbox Live.